Synopsis: Jake Whitmore is a brilliant neurobiology student struggling to scrape by with graveyard shift job. Jake knows that if he can convince his professor to sponsor him, he’ll win the prestigious and lucrative Ambrose Scholarship, ensuring that he can afford the next semester. The stress of living in his car and rarely sleeping is beginning to catch up with Jake though; he’s suffering hallucinations that grow more violent every day.
Film available upon request.
Production Year: 2011
Type: Fiction Short
Role(s): Marketing Director
Website Information: Visit the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) page Awards/Screenings:
- Worldfest – Houston, Texas; Remi Award
- Motion Picture Sound Editors Golden Reel Awards; Verna Fields Award in Sound Editing for Student Filmmakers (Nomination)
- NewFilmmakers LA at Sunset Gower Studios
July 20, 2009
I will be in Los Angeles over the next few days to work on a friend’s USC Master’s Thesis short film shoot. Most of it happens to take place on or near the USC campus.
I should be free once in a while during the shooting to chat with friends in the area and it might be interesting for them to see how USC master’s degree students run a film shoot. There is a large number of crew and cast involved in this one and quite a bit of special effects that will be done on-location. Here is the schedule for the days that I will be around:
- Wednesday July 22nd – 6pm-6am USC campus Watt Hall
- Thursday July 23rd – Sleeping from night shoot and planning for remaining days
- Friday July 24th – 9am-9pm at an off campus house.
- Saturday July 25th – 8am-8pm USC campus Seeley G. Mudd Hall
- Sunday July 26th – 8am-8pm USC campus outside Town and Gown
- Monday July 27th – 7am-7pm USC campus outside Town and Gown
- Tuesday July 28th – 9am-9pm off campus address.
July 29, 2009
Video from the principle shoot of the short film: